Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Sure, you can find bodycon dresses that are seriously flattering and show off your figure — but not everyone is comfortable with wearing something skintight. Maybe you’re not feeling particularly confident and would prefer to rock a dress with a looser silhouette that’s slimming at the same time!
With that in mind, we picked out a slew of chic dresses with loose, comfy designs! Even though they’re not as fitted as others on the market, these frocks have details that can make you feel slim and sleek. Keep scrolling to take a look at all of these amazing styles and feel like your best self all season long!
21 Loose Dresses That Are More Flattering Than Bodycon Styles
Casual Daytime Dresses
2. We also adore the beachy look of this O’Neill mini dress, and the ruffle detail on the hem gives it a great A-line style silhouette!
4. If you like the tiered ruffle look but want a longer dress, this number from Everlane was made for you!
6. This BB Dakota by Steve Madden mini dress is casual enough to wear with sneakers and dressy enough to team with your favorite pair of heels!
Adorable Weekend Brunch Dresses
8. This cotton mini dress from Reformation has an empire-waist style that’s incredibly flattering!
9. The fitted top on this midi dress from Everlane looks amazing with its full and flowy skirt!
10. We love how this sleeveless shirtdress from beachlunchlounge cinches in your waist, and the vertical stripes are so slimming!
12. This Reformation midi dress has a relaxed fit, and the button-down design creates a slit that shows the perfect amount of leg!
14. Another great score from ECOWISH is this bestselling mini dress — its flouncy skirt can smooth the tummy area, while the triangle top accentuates your bust!
15. This MITILLY tunic shift dress has a loose style that’s beyond comfortable to wear!
Fancier Night Out Dresses
16. We’re obsessed with the structured, off-the-shoulder top on this loose linen midi dress from Reformation!
17. This ETCYY midi dress also has a gorgeous off-the-shoulder look, and the tiered ruffle layers are absolutely incredible!
18. The full skirt on this adorable Reformation midi dress will make you feel like twirling all night long!
19. This M.Nollby maxi dress has long sleeves that are ideal for chillier summer nights!
20. The fit-and-flare design of this Dress the Population midi dress creates a beautiful shape that will flatter any body type!
21. This BB Dakota by Steve Madden mini dress has a more fitted vibe, but the ruching on the sides makes it more flattering than a typical bodycon look!
Check out more of our picks and deals here!
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as face masks, self tanners, Lululemon-style leggings and all the best gifts for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected]. Happy shopping!