Inbar Lavi is a rising star in both the acting and music world, and we want Just Jared readers to get an exclusive chance to know her even better!
The Israeli entertainer has already made a name for herself in film and television with roles in productions like Imposters, Prison Break and Lucifer, and now, she’s breaking out in the music industry as well, following the release of her debut solo track “Puppet Master.”
Click inside to read more…
Her new single “Polaroids” just arrived on Thursday (July 22), and it’s a dance-pop collaboration fit for the summer alongside vocalist Benji Lewis.
“I’m so excited to have ‘Polaroids’ come out!” she tells Just Jared.
“It is a quarantine baby. 🙂 A few of my uber-talented friends got together on a Zoom on different parts of the planet: Julian Feifel (producer) and myself in LA, Rynn (co-writer) in Texas, and the magnificent Benji Lewis and Maxwell Byrne in Australia.”
“Brought together by harmony and WiFi, we were all waiting for summer to come, for sunshine to peak with a ray of hope to a pretty bleak COVID winter…I think a lot of that bled into the song and we ended up with a ‘feel good summer track,’” she explains.
In addition to all her acting and music contributions, Inbar is also a big philanthropist, and an ambassador of The Los Angeles Children’s Hospital and The Make-A-Wish Israel Foundation. She also volunteers at Our Big Kitchen Los Angeles, a community-run kosher kitchen.
Check out 10 Fun Facts about Inbar Lavi and watch the “Polaroids” video inside…
1. My first TV lead was playing a singer-songwriter on the MTV series Underemployed. I learned to play guitar and actually wrote one of the songs for the show.
2. I SUCK at cooking. No joke. It’s embarrassing.
3. I nearly passed on my role on Lucifer.
4. I love MOTOWN and listen to a very wide spread of music. From Billie Holiday to The Temptations to Bon Iver to Beyonce. (Obvi )
5. My first single “Puppet Master” album cover is an homage to Britney Spears’s In The Zone and my country’s flag colors (blue and white).
6. I LOVE romantic comedies WAY too much. It’s a problem.
7. I’ve created a fashion brand called House of LAVI after my dad’s last name. (He wears boxer shorts and Crocs everywhere on the premise of “I’m comfortable and don’t give a f–k.’) He’s my fashion icon.
8. I don’t stand for anyone being mean or unkind to anyone for any reason. And fight for compassion and inclusivity always.
9. The beach has become my therapist.
10. I’m getting married this summer. WHAAAAAAAA?!??!?!