The Arizona Diamondbacks (28-68) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (36-58) take the field in a matchup oddsmakers have listed as a pick ’em on Tuesday at Chase Field, beginning at 9:40 PM ET. Pittsburgh is projected to start Tyler Anderson, while Arizona has yet to name a starting pitcher.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of July 20, 2021, 2:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Diamondbacks vs Pirates Betting Odds
Pirates Probable Starter Tyler Anderson
- Anderson (5-8) will take the mound for the Pirates, his 18th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in five innings pitched against the Mets on Saturday, July 10.
- The Diamondbacks are batting .232 this season, 23rd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .374 (28th in the league) with 86 home runs.
- His team is 8-8 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of July 20, 2021 at 2:05 AM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Diamondbacks Stats vs Anderson
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks average 4.5 runs per game at home compared to 3.7 per contest on the road.
- The Diamondbacks are the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (394 total).
- The Diamondbacks are 9-7 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 56.2% of those games).
- Arizona is 9-7 (winning 56.2% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -110 or shorter.
- Arizona has played in 95 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-44-2).
- Arizona has a 3-1 record from the four games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
$600 Risk Free Bet
$10 Free Weekly Bet
Use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have scored 340 runs (just 3.6 per game) this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- In 47 road games this season, they’ve scored 3.1 runs per contest compared to the 4.1 per game they average at home.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs 87 times this season and won 32, or 36.8%, of those games.
- This season, Pittsburgh has won 33 of its 88 games, or 37.5%, when they’re the underdog by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 45 of their 94 chances.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-5.
Diamondbacks Players to Watch
- Josh Rojas has 21 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 42 walks while batting .265.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Rojas ranks 18th in SLG.
- Rojas takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. Over that span he is hitting .563 with four doubles, six walks and two RBIs.
- Eduardo Escobar has put his power on display as he leads his team with 22 home runs and 64 runs batted in.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Escobar ranks 10th in HR (22), and eighth in RBI (64).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats (2021)
Pirates Players to Watch
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .302 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 54 RBI.
- Reynolds ranks 12th in hits (101), 12th in AVG (.302), 18th in SLG (.518), and ninth in OBP (.384) among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Adam Frazier’s batting average of .325 leads all Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Frazier ranks first in hits (118), fourth in AVG (.325), third in SLG (.455), and eighth in OBP (.388) among qualified hitters in the majors.
Pirates Batting Stats (2021)
Diamondbacks vs Pirates Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from