The Los Angeles Dodgers (25-18) have a 3-0 series lead and will attempt to sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-26) on Thursday at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers are favored () against the underdog Diamondbacks () in the matchup, which begins at 10:10 PM ET. Arizona has Merrill Kelly expected to start, while Los Angeles has yet to name a starter.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of May 20, 2021, 2:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Dodgers vs Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Diamondbacks Probable Starter Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks will send Kelly (2-4) to the mound for his ninth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 6 1/3 innings against the Marlins, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The Dodgers rank fourth in MLB with 221 runs scored this season. They have a .245 batting average this campaign with 48 home runs (17th in the league).
- His team has won 42.9% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-4).
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of May 20, 2021 at 2:04 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Dodgers Stats vs Kelly
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers’ offense is averaging 5.2 runs in home games while pushing across 5.1 per game away from Dodger Stadium.
- The Dodgers have the No. 4 offense in baseball scoring 5.1 runs per game (221 total runs).
- The Dodgers have been the moneyline favorite 42 total times this season. They’ve finished 25-17 in those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -186 or shorter, Los Angeles has a record of 17-8 (68%).
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 43 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 20 of those games (20-21-2).
- Los Angeles has an 8-2 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have scored 198 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- They’ve scored 3.9 runs per game this season on the road while averaging 5.3 at home.
- The Diamondbacks have won 13, or 36.1%, of the 36 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Arizona is 2-9 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +160 or more on the moneyline.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 21 of their 44 chances.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
Dodgers Players to Watch
- Justin Turner paces the Dodgers with 23 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .288.
- Turner ranks 23rd in OBP among the qualified hitters in MLB.
- Max Muncy has put his power on display as he leads his team with eight home runs and 23 runs batted in.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Muncy’s .430 OBP ranks third.
Dodgers Batting Stats (2021)
Diamondbacks Players to Watch
- David Peralta has been key for Arizona with 40 hits, an OBP of .317 plus a slugging percentage of .454.
- Peralta’s 28 RBI rank 17th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Josh Rojas has collected 33 hits this season and has an OBP of .343. He’s slugging .463 on the year.
- Rojas’ hitting stats are not among league batting leaders in MLB among all qualified batters in the league.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats (2021)
Dodgers vs Diamondbacks Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from