The Los Angeles Dodgers (21-17) will look for continued production from a batter on a roll when they match up against the Miami Marlins (17-21) on Saturday at 9:10 PM ET at Dodger Stadium. Max Muncy is currently on a three-game home run streak for the favored Dodgers (-305) in the contest against the underdog Marlins (+250). Los Angeles has Trevor Bauer projected to start, while Miami has yet to name a starting pitcher.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of May 15, 2021, 2:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Dodgers vs Marlins Betting Odds
Dodgers Probable Starter Trevor Bauer
- Bauer (3-2 with a 2.50 ERA and 67 strikeouts in 50 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his ninth of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Angels, when he tossed six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- He will face a Marlins offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 155 total runs scored while batting .233 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .375 slugging percentage (22nd in MLB action) and has hit a total of 36 home runs (23rd in the league).
- The Dodgers have a 3-5 record in Bauer’s eight starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of May 15, 2021 at 2:07 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Marlins Stats vs Bauer
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers score an average of 5.3 runs per home game and 5.1 per contest away from Dodger Stadium.
- The Dodgers score the third-most runs in baseball (196 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Dodgers have been the moneyline favorite 37 total times this season. They’ve finished 21-16 in those games.
- Los Angeles has played as a moneyline favorite of -305 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 38 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 19 of those games (19-17-2).
- Los Angeles went 5-5 across the 10 games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The Marlins rank 22nd in the league with 155 total runs scored this season.
- In 21 road games this season, they’ve scored 4.2 runs per contest compared to the 3.9 per game they average at home.
- This season, the Marlins have been the underdog 22 times and won eight, or 36.4%, of those games.
- Miami has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +250 odds on them winning this game.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 17 of their 38 chances.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Miami has a record of 1-4.
Dodgers Players to Watch
- Justin Turner has a team-high batting average of .311 and leads the Dodgers in runs batted in (23).
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Turner’s 41 hits rank 15th, his .311 AVG ranks 14th, and his .404 OBP ranks 11th.
- Muncy has hit eight home runs to lead his team.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB action, Muncy ranks 17th in HR (8), and fourth in OBP (.424).
Dodgers Batting Stats (2021)
Marlins Players to Watch
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .294 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 32 RBI.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Aguilar ranks eighth in HR (9), and second in RBI (32).
- Miguel Rojas has 38 hits and an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Rojas ranks fifth in SLG among qualified hitters in the majors.
Marlins Batting Stats (2021)
Dodgers vs Marlins Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from