A game after he went off for 30 points in a 121-105 win over the Bulls, Collin Sexton leads the Cleveland Cavaliers (21-37) on the road against the Charlotte Hornets (28-30) on Friday, April 23. The Cavaliers are in the matchup, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET on BSSE. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 23, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Hornets vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 23
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Nate Darling: Out (Ankle),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Damyean Dotson: Out (Knee),
Dylan Windler: Out (Knee),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle)
Hornets and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Charlotte has a 29-28 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 0.5 points, the Hornets are 10-7 against the spread this season.
- Only 25 of 57 Charlotte games this season (43.9%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Cleveland has a 24-34 record ATS this season.
- The Cavaliers only hold a 2-5 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 0.5-point underdog.
- 39.7% of Cleveland’s 58 games this season have topped the over/under.
Head to Head
Taurean Prince scored a team-high 25 points to help lead the Cavaliers over Terry Rozier (22 points) and the Hornets 103-90 in their most recent matchup on April 14, 2021. The Hornets were favored by 3 points in the game, but the Cavaliers covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 193 total points to go under the 210.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/14/2021||Hornets||Hornets||-3||210.5||-156||130||Regular Season||103-90 CLE|
|12/23/2020||Hornets||Cavaliers||-2.5||217.5||-145||121||Regular Season||121-114 CLE|
- Charlotte’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Friday’s matchup total (209 points) in 43 out of 58 opportunities (74.1% of matchups).
- In 63.8% of Cleveland’s games this season (37 of 58), the total points scored was greater than Friday’s 209-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hornets games is 221 points, 12 more than the over/under of 209 points for this contest.
- A difference of six points separates the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (215 points) and this contest’s over/under (209 points).
- The Hornets have an average implied point total of 114 this season, which is nine points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (105).
- Charlotte has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (105) 42 times this season.
- The 112.1-point average implied total on the season for the Cavaliers is 8.1 more points than the team’s 104-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cleveland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 104 points 27 times this season.
- The Hornets are at the 23rd spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (109.7 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow the 12th-fewest points per game (110.9) in the league.
- The Hornets have a -98-point scoring differential on the season (-1.7 per game). The Cavaliers have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-397 total points, -6.8 per game).
- Rozier leads the Hornets in scoring, putting up 20.5 points per game.
- Rozier’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.2 less than his season average of 28.7.
- Cody Zeller paces Charlotte with 6.9 rebounds a game and LaMelo Ball leads the team with 6.1 assists per outing.
- Zeller’s rebounding prop total for the game is set at 4.5 rebounds, 2.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 6.9.
- Rozier is the top three-point shooter for the Hornets, hitting 3.3 per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Charlotte’s steals leader is Ball, who collects 1.6 per game. P.J. Washington leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Cavaliers leader in scoring is Sexton with 24.4 points per game. He also adds 3.0 rebounds per game and 4.1 assists per game.
- Sexton’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 1.0 lower than his season average of 31.5.
- Jarrett Allen (9.9 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (6.0 assists per game) are the Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Allen’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.8 lower than his season average of 24.3.
- Kevin Love makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, cashing in 2.1 treys per game.
- Love’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 1.4 shots higher than his season average of 2.1.
- Nobody on Cleveland grabs more steals than Larry Nance Jr. (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Allen (1.6 per game).
- Allen’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from