The Utah Jazz (52-20, 0-1) are favorites for Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Memphis Grizzlies (38-34, 1-0) at Vivint Arena on Wednesday, starting at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The Grizzlies lead the series 1-0. The over/under is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of May 24, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Jazz vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 24
Ersan Ilyasova: Day To Day (Non-COVID Illness),
Donovan Mitchell: Out (Ankle)
Sean McDermott: Out (Foot)
Jazz and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Utah has put together a 41-31-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Jazz are 20-14-1 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least an 8-point favorite.
- Utah and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 34 of 73 games this season (46.6%).
- Memphis has topped the spread so far this season with a record of 44-31.
- As at least an 8-point underdog, the Grizzlies frequently fail to meet expectations with only a 1-5 record against the spread.
- 39 of Memphis’ 75 games (52%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
The Grizzlies knocked off the Jazz 112-109 in the last meeting between the teams on May 23, 2021. Bojan Bogdanovic scored 29 points to lead the Jazz, and Dillon Brooks scored 31 points for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies covered the spread as 7.5-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 221 total points to cover the 216.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/31/2021||Jazz||Grizzlies||-6||225||-239||193||Regular Season||111-107 UTA|
|3/27/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-9||226.5||-418||320||Regular Season||126-110 UTA|
|3/26/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-10||229.5||-575||431||Regular Season||117-114 UTA|
- Utah’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup over/under (216.5 points) in 46 out of 73 opportunities (63% of matchups).
- 53 Memphis games this year (70.7% of its matchups) finished with a final total greater than Wednesday’s point total of 216.5 points.
- On average, the Jazz have seen a 223.5 over/under in their games this season, 7.0 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Grizzlies’ games this season (225.1 points).
- The Jazz’s average implied point total this season is four more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (116 implied points on average compared to 112 implied points in this game).
- Utah has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (112) 51 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Grizzlies (115.1) is 11.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (104).
- Memphis has scored more than 104 points in 57 games on the season.
- The Jazz are at the fourth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (116.3 PPG), while the Grizzlies allow the 16th-fewest points per game (112) in the league.
- The Jazz have totaled 663 more points than their opponents this season (9.1 per game on average), and the Grizzlies have scored 86 more points than their opponents (1.1 per game).
- Donovan Mitchell leads the Jazz scoring 26.4 points per game.
- Mitchell’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 35.5, 0.6 lower than his season average of 36.1.
- Mike Conley leads Utah with 6.0 assists a game and Rudy Gobert paces the team with 13.5 rebounds per contest.
- Gobert’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.6 lower than his season average of 29.1.
- Mitchell is the top three-point shooter for the Jazz, connecting on 3.4 per game.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Conley leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Gobert collects 2.7 blocks a game to pace Utah.
- Conley’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Grizzlies go-to guy, Ja Morant, leads the team in both scoring (19.1 points per game) and assists (7.4 assists per game).
- Morant’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 7.5 assists, 0.1 greater than his season average of 7.4.
- Jonas Valanciunas collects all of the boards and is the Memphis leader in rebounds, grabbing 12.5 per game.
- Valanciunas’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 0.9 lower than his season average of 31.4.
- Grayson Allen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Grizzlies, averaging 2.1 treys per game.
- Allen’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots higher than his season average of 2.1.
- De’Anthony Melton is at the top of Memphis’ steals hierarchy with 1.2 steals per game and Brandon Clarke leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from