Amid all the action at Euro 2020 and the Copa America, the summer transfer window has opened, with Europe’s biggest clubs looking to make a splash in the transfer market. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: PSG project catching Ronaldo’s eye
Paris Saint-Germain have been hard at work this transfer window, having brought in former Real Madrid talisman Sergio Ramos, former Liverpool star Georginio Wijnaldum and Internazionale‘s Achraf Hakimi.
There have been various reports about the future of the Juventus man, who is currently the top scorer at Euro 2020 with five goals.
With just one year remaining on his contract, it seems as though the 36-year-old’s future could soon lie away from Juventus — especially as the club won’t stand in the forward’s way if he wants to leave.
It is the presence of Ramos and fellow former Madridistas, Keylor Navas and Angel Di Maria, that is also making him lean towards a move to PSG.
This could be one that plays out for some time though, as Ronaldo is currently on holiday and in no rush to sort out his future at this stage.
Instead, he wants to wait to see what new Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has to say about him, as there have not yet been any concrete contract negotiations — though Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes could meet with them in the coming days.
Meanwhile, it is suggested there have already been some discussions between Mendes and PSG with an eye to bringing one of the world’s greatest players to Paris.
08.00 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are considering a move for Manchester United’s Paul Pogba as they look to bring in a new midfielder this summer, sources have told ESPN’s Julien Laurens.
Pogba’s future at Old Trafford is far from certain as he enters the final 12 months of his contract and, speaking in December, his agent Mino Raiola said it was “over” and that the former Juventus midfielder needed “a new scenery.”
The 28-year-old enjoyed a strong end to the 2020-21 campaign as he helped United finish second in the Premier League and reach the Europa League final; and he continued that form into Euro 2020 with some impressive displays despite France’s shock round-of-16 exit to Switzerland.
PSG sporting directo and Raiola discussed Pogba over the phone, having addressed the subject in June when they met in Monaco. A move for Pogba was also discussed when PSG agreed a deal for Gianluigi Donnarumma, who is a free agent after his AC Milan contract expired.
Sources have told ESPN that Pogba has yet to discuss a new deal at United formally and is interested in the project on offer at PSG.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Barcelona are looking to offload midfielder Miralem Pjanic, and Diario Sport is suggesting that a loan move is likely for the Bosnia & Herzegovina international. This comes with the suggestion that Juventus, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are all showing an interest in the 31-year-old despite his struggles at Camp Nou.
– There have been various clubs across Europe linked with VfL Wolfsburg centre-back Maxence Lacroix, but, according to Kicker, the Frenchman wants to join RB Leipzig. Wolfsburg have so far rejected two offers from them that reportedly go up to €20m.
– Niklas Sule leaving Bayern Munich this summer cannot yet be ruled out, reports Kicker. It is suggested that discussions can lead “in one direction or the other” with just one year remaining on the centre-back’s contract.
– AS Monaco‘s Keita Balde could re-join Inter, having represented them on loan in the 2018-19 campaign, as has been reported by Calciomercato. The forward only has one year left on his current deal, so he could prove to be a cost-effective addition to the attacking line, where he would play as a second striker.
– Lyon are set to replace Barcelona-bound Memphis Depay with Genk striker Paul Onuachu, according to Le Progres. The 27-year-old was the top scorer in the Belgium Jupiler Pro League last term with 29 goals and has also been linked with a move to the Premier League.