Trea Turner takes a two-game home run streak into the Washington Nationals’ (41-42) matchup against the San Diego Padres (50-37). The Padres are moneyline favorites (-182) for this outing against the Nationals (+155), which begins at 10:10 PM ET on Tuesday at PETCO Park. San Diego is projected to start Ryan Weathers, while Washington has yet to name a starter.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of July 6, 2021, 6:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Padres vs Nationals Betting Odds
Padres Probable Starter Ryan Weathers
- Weathers (2-2 with a 3.60 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 35 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his seventh of the season.
- The lefty’s last appearance was on Thursday against the Reds, when he threw four innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- He meets a Nationals offense that ranks 27th in the league with 337 total runs scored while batting .251 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .405 slugging percentage (11th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 92 home runs (20th in the league).
- The Padres have a 4-3 record in Weathers’ seven starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of July 6, 2021 at 6:07 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres’ offense is averaging 4.4 runs in home games while pushing across 4.9 per game away from PETCO Park.
- The Padres have the No. 10 offense in MLB action scoring 4.6 runs per game (402 total runs).
- The Padres have won 63.2% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (43-25).
- In games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -182 or shorter, San Diego has a 23-12 record (winning 65.7% of its games).
- In the 87 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for San Diego, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 46 times (46-39-2).
- San Diego went 5-3 over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
$600 Risk Free Bet
$10 Free Weekly Bet
Use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Nationals Betting Trends
- The Nationals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 337 total runs (4.1 per game) this season.
- In away games this season, they have scored a total of 170 runs (4.6 per game) while plating 167 total at home, an average of 3.6 per contest.
- This season, the Nationals have been the underdog 43 times and won 15, or 34.9%, of those games.
- Washington is 2-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +155 or more on the moneyline.
- Games involving Washington have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 28 of 83 chances this season.
- Washington has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has gone 2-4 in those contests.
Padres Players to Watch
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has a team-best batting average of .302, and leads the Padres in home runs (27) and runs batted in (58).
- Tatis ranks second in HR (27), eighth in RBI (58), 13th in AVG (.302), and 19th in OBP (.377) among the qualified hitters in MLB play.
- Tatis heads into this game on a 10-game hitting streak. Over that span he is batting .421 with four doubles, five home runs, six walks and eight RBIs.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .280 with 19 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 30 walks.
- Cronenworth ranks 18th in hits (90), and 20th in SLG (.464) among qualifying hitters in MLB action.
Padres Batting Stats (2021)
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||248||.302||66||27||58||.377||1.075|
Nationals Players to Watch
- Turner leads Washington in home runs with 15 and runs batted in with 39.
- Turner’s 102 hits rank third, his .321 AVG ranks fifth, and his .370 OBP ranks 24th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Turner is batting .476 with four homers during his five-game hitting streak.
- Juan Soto is batting .274 with an OBP of .381 and a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Soto ranks 16th in OBP in the league.
Nationals Batting Stats (2021)
Padres vs Nationals Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from