This article is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. It has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of the issuers listed. Some of the offers you see on the page are from our partners like Citi and American Express, but our coverage is always independent. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page.
- American Express cards include targeted discounts or bonus points through a program called Amex Offers.
- To receive the discount or bonus, add the offer to your card and make a qualifying purchase.
- With cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express
, you can save hundreds of dollars a year.
- Eligibility for these offers is limited. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
- Read Insider’s guide to the best American Express cards.
Saving money or earning bonus points by using the right rewards credit card always feels good, and it’s even sweeter when it’s on a purchase you’d have to make anyway.
I love The Platinum Card® from American Express for valuable perks like airport lounge access and 5x points on flights booked directly with the airline or with American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), but the card also comes with lesser-known benefits that can save you money. (Note: New Platinum Card® cardmembers can earn 10x points on eligible purchases at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during the first 6 months of card membership).
One of those benefits, available with virtually every Amex card but not the most widely known, is Amex Offers. In the past couple of years, I’ve used offers to save money on purchases from J.Crew, Instacart, and FreshDirect, and to earn bonus points at Amazon.
The latest round of Amex Offers includes discounts and bonus points for online shopping, gas purchases, streaming services, and hotel stays. Check your accounts, as there are many more new offers available.
What are Amex Offers?
The Amex Offers program provides cardholders with discounts at various stores, restaurants, and services, or, if not a discount, then chances to earn extra points.
The interesting part of the program is that each offer is specifically targeted to individual users and each user’s specific cards. That means that you and I might get different offers, and I might even see different offers across my several different Amex cards. That adds a real benefit to having multiple Amex cards — even if you just use them to be eligible for more offers, you have a better chance of getting good ones.
One of the appeals of the Amex Offers program is that the offers continuously change. Offers can be for national brands, but are also targeted based on your billing address — for example, I have a few offers for shops and restaurants that have a New York City location.
Current Amex Offers
Here are some of the particularly interesting Amex Offers currently available. Keep in mind that each has an expiration date, and some are specifically targeted. Be sure to double-check restrictions, too — some offers only work for online purchases, or in the US.
Amex Offers for shopping, services, and dining
- Spend $500 or more (in one transaction), get $25 back (up to 10 times, for a total of up to $250 back)
- Spend $80 or more on a Duolingo Plus annual subscription, get $25 back
- Spend $29 or more on an Instacart Express membership, get $29 back
- Spend $100 or more at Bare Minerals, get $25 back
- Spend $99 or more on a subscription at The Motley Fool, get $99 back
- Spend $50 or more at Winc, get $15 back (up to four times, for a total of up to $60 back)
- Spend $50 or more at Sunbasket, get $20 back (up to three times, for a total of up to $60 back)
- Spend $30 or more at Shutterfly, get $5 back
- Spend $10 or more with Showtime, get $5 back (up to three times, for a total of up to $15 back)
- Spend $50 or more at StitchFix, get $25 back
- Spend $9 or more with Paramount+, get $5 back (up to three times, for a total of up to $15 back)
- Spend $7.99 or more with Crunchyroll — Anime Streaming, get $4 back (up to three times, for a total of up to $12 back)
- Spend $250 or more with AudioGo, get $100 back
- Spend $50 or more at Advance Auto Parts, get $10 back
- Spend $400 or more at Montblanc, get $100 back
- Spend $75 or more at Origins, get $15 back
- Spend $200 or more at Jack Wolfskin, get $40 back
- Spend $35 or more at Teleflora, get $15 back (up to 10 times, for a total of up to $150 back)
- Spend $100 or more at Fanatics, get $20 back (up to two times, for a total of up to $40 back)
- Spend $100 or more at Fila.com, get $20 back
- Spend $250 or more at Hugo Boss, get $50 back
- Spend $75 or more at Estée Lauder, get $15 back
- Get 3 bonus Membership Rewards points per dollar at US Phillips 66, 76, and Conoco gas stations (pay at pump)
- Get 25% back at WeWork All Access for Business
Amex Offers for travel
In the Amex app, just click the “Offers” button at the bottom, and follow the same steps.
It’s important to note that many offers have expiration dates, so be sure to keep an eye on them to make sure that you use them in time. Also remember that while you’ll get some different offers on each card, there will also be some overlap.
Sarah Silbert is the senior reviews editor at Personal Finance Insider. She’s covered personal finance and credit card rewards for six years, and she’s a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).