The revolving door is always swinging in advertising and marketing.
Here’s a rundown of some of the biggest people moves in advertising and marketing of late. Let us know if we missed anyone.
Ad agency shifts
Mindshare, part of WPP’s media investment unit GroupM, named Amanda Richman as CEO of North America. She had been US CEO of Wavemaker, another GroupM media planning and buying agency. Richman succeeds Adam Gerhart, who became Mindshare’s global CEO in December.
Elsewhere at WPP, Wunderman Thompson hired Audrey Melofchik as CEO of New York. Melofchik is set to oversee all of the company’s New York offices including its recently integrated healthcare practice, Wunderman Thompson Health. She was president of rival Omnicom agencies DDB New York and Velocity, its Johnson & Johnson unit.
- Meanwhile, former Mindshare Global CEO Nick Emery is headed to You & Mr Jones, a branding and technology company founded in 2015. Emery will be a founding partner of the firm’s newly launched media division.
- At WPP rival Omnicom, its TBWA network promoted Nancy Reyes to CEO of ad agency TBWAChiatDay New York, from president. She replaces Rob Schwartz, who has been CEO since 2015.
- Havas Media Group hired Meghan Grant as chief strategy officer of North America. Grant comes from rival Publicis media agency Zenith, where she was an EVP of strategy and client lead for Verizon.
- MDC Partners poached Rebecca Routs from Martin Sorrell‘s advertising company S4 Capital as senior director for key client relationships, responsible for helping lead certain client engagements for the global network. Routs spent the past four years leading Google initiatives at Firewood agency, part of S4 Capital.
- In platforms, audio-based social media app Clubhouse poached Spotify’s head of content communications, Grey Munford, to lead comms. Munford, a former CBS and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer exec, joins Clubhouse head of global marketing Maya Watson, who was hired away from Netflix last month.
- NBCUniversal poached Nielsen exec Kelly Abcarian as an EVP of measurement and impact in its advertising and partnerships, or ad sales, division. Abcarian had been with Nielsen since 2014, most recently as general manager of advanced video advertising.
- Coca-Cola Co. hired away Rapha Abreu from Restaurant Brands International to be its global VP of design. Abreu was the VP and global head of design for the owner of fast-food companies like Burger King and Popeyes. Now he’ll oversee the design for the beverage giant’s brands including Coca-Cola, Fanta, and Minute Maid. Restaurant Brands lost another high-profile exec this month, its top marketer Fernando Machado. Machado left after seven years to join gaming giant Activision Blizzard in the same role. At Activision Blizzard, Machado replaces David Messinger, who held the chief marketer role for just under two years.
PR agency moves
Earlier this month, Edelman promoted US Chief Operating Officer Lisa Osborne Ross to US CEO, the PR firm’s largest operation with 2,360 people across 13 offices. Osborne Ross replaces Russell Dubner, who is moving into a global role.
- And IPG’s Weber Shandwick hired away Michael Frohlich from WPP’s Ogilvy to be CEO of its EMEA region. Frohlich was with Ogilvy for more than nine years, most recently as UK CEO. The PR firm also promoted former Asia-Pacific vice chair Tyler Kim to CEO of APAC. Kim replaced Baxter Jolly, who was named chairman of the APAC region.